UltravioletPhotography

Greetings from North East England

Jim Lloyd

Thank you, Ulf. :) On a forum like this it is wonderful that we can share knowledge and learn. It never stops.

The "angled ruler" set-up is a good one for testing for focus shift because it helps to distinguish between actual focus shift and over-all diffraction degradation.

Roger Cicala over on Lens Rentals has a great write-up about lens testing. Go to Step 2 to read about testing for focus shift.

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2010/11/how-to-test-a-lens/

Thank you Andrea

As In previous post I have sometimes found on this site that I suddenly lose the ability to enter spaces.

Anyway, This is all very helpful information.

I am hoping that by next weekend I will finally have all the equipment (and time) to finally make my first UV picture - Not that there is much UV in these parts at this time of year!

I think I will find these issues easier to understand by practical experiment than theory alone (although of course that helps)

Jim, such transmission corruption is caused locally. What to do: reboot your ISP and/or wireless routers and clear your browser caches. It never hurts to reboot your computer. If the problem continues and you are using the Microsoft IE browser, try a different browser like Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

We have no browser related settings in the forum software that would account for spacing problems or other such transmission errors between your keyboard and the post display here on UVP. If such problems were due to forum sofware, then we would all be seeing the same thing at the same time. :D