UltravioletPhotography

Popular Photography: April 1945 Vol. 16, No. 4

Andrea B.

Pictures by Black Light

by Dr. Walter Clark, FPSA, FRPS

Kodak Research Laboratories

"Ultraviolet light offers a new field for photographic adventure that provides fun as well as striking pictures."

Starts on pages 34 & 35, continued on page 94.

Interesting old article covering both reflected UV photography and UVIVF.

I wonder if the Corning glass types used for lamp filtration are still available?

I found this article accidentally when looking for something else.

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 11.49.39 PM.jpg

[That's what I looked like back in 1945.]

I couldn't decide whether to buy it or not. I don't need to start collecting UV photography books and articles. :D :D :D Already have too many UV lenses collected.

It is probably not necessary for me to attempt collecting books about "how to" do UV photography because I pretty much already know "how to". To date, I haven't really found anything in books not already known. Still such books are a rarity, so eventually I bought the recent books by our members Prutchi and Davies. Both excellent, I think.

I will add, however, that I do not think that I know everything yet about UV photography !!!!! For example, I've never been very interested in exploring the lighting aspect of it all. Too busy with other sub-interests I suppose. We all gravitate to different areas of the subject, yes?

There is always lot of historical interest for me in such articles as the one from Popular Photography.