• Ultraviolet Photography
  •  

CCCS unveiled

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark

• Members(+)
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:50

Is it covert government communications? Or some nasty underground extremists' secret messaging system? Maybe a powerful group of mad scientists exchanging coded secrets? Or aliens? Definitely maybe aliens, leaving hidden messages for each other right under our noses.

But I've discovered their secret, whoever they are. Photographing the subject shown here (clockwise from top-left) in VIS, UV, IR, and UVIVF, I found one of their hidden, secret codes (in the UVIVF image). They can no longer hide! I've unveiled their Cryptic Communications via Chicken Soup (CCCS)! (Progresso, Homestyle chicken soup, to be exact).
Attached Image: squarestrip.jpg

And the soup was pretty good too.

;)

PS - I've had too much coffee today. Full disclaimer, I do understand this to be the manufacturers lot control reference number. Cheers! (and goodnight :))

PPS - On a side note, in addition to the printed text, I notice there is also a ring of fluorescent material around the lid seam of the can. I'm not sure what this would be. Wax? Maybe some harmless sealant to help detect leaks during packaging (re: quality control)? Just curious.

#2 Damon

PineyPower

• Members(+)
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:40

Your PS message indicates "they" have gotten to you. I suspect an intervention is needed. We will relieve you of your camera, filters, and illumination devices. This should freak you out enough to bring you out of your trance.

-D

#3 Andy Perrin

• Members(+)
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:27

Mark, wait till you see what the USPS is up to! Shine your (UV) light on a postcard! Government secrets even the HISTORY CHANNEL does not know!

#4 Andrea B.

Desert Dancer

• Owner-Administrator
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:02

UV comes through again !!
I was awaiting this message and now that I have the code I'm off to Grebokistan to retrieve the
...a$*&(*sld.\\k*&^%VBll1! <transmission lost>
Andrea G. Blum
Often found hanging out with flowers & bees.