UltravioletPhotography

Greetings from 53N10'7.7 6E20'23.5

flyingdockp

Hello!

A few years ago I started IV and IR photography with a Nikon D70, which I've converted myself. I bought a Nikkor UV 105 mm, and started. My first results were not so good; not being able to focus was one of the problems, and later, my camera quit working.

In the meantime, interest in astrophotography arose as well. Therefore, I've bought a full spectrum Nikon D7200 and a nikon e series 50mm 1.8 mm.

This combination works great; live focus is a real help!

In my daily life, I work with the other end of the light spectrum; gamma rays, used for medical imaging and therapy.

UV and IR are for me a way to look into the unseen world, just like gamma rays help me to diagnose diseases. And... what a beautiful world lies before and after the visible light spectrum! I'm just beginning to discover it, but I love the results already!

Regards,

Klaas Pieter Koopmans

post-160-0-70012000-1503863869.jpg

Hello Klaas and Welcome to UVP! We have a small but varied community here making interesting technical and photographic contributions. And we've gathered quite a lot of practical knowledge about various UV photo gear. So I hope you enjoy the website and benefit from it. We are looking forward to your contributions, too.

This is a very cute photo of the sun-screened baby. :D