UltravioletPhotography

Greetings from Holland

DeerCrow

Hello everybody!

Thanks for having me as a member! I am a portrait painter from The Netherlands. I stumbled upon the right camera (for me!) 2 years ago and fell in love with photography. On my instagram account you can take a look at my photography (regular and infrared) and also a few paintings: https://www.instagram.com/laura.caris/

In the summer of 2016 I fell really ill. At the time I was taking my first steps in infrared. When your health is at stake and you become aware of the possibility of death, you begin to see the world with different eyes. IR and UV photography literaly and figuratively resonates with that idea. Aside from the esthetic possibilities the idea appealed to me to capture what we can not see, to 'look with different eyes', to 'shed a different light' on our reality. I loved it, and I still love it.

The last six months I faced a rather brutal chemo and could not paint or shoot at alll. Right now I still have some scans and tests ahead of me, but my docter is optimistic and it seems I may get a second chance. Recovering will take at least a year. I will have to take it very slow but I can actually do some things again!

I am starting from scratch in UV so my first goal is to find a lens and filter setup to start with!

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience, I am looking forward to this journey very much and hope I can show you my first UV-results very soon!

(Please forgive me when I might come across as a little slow or ask for the obvious, my brain is not as sharp as it was before chemo)

Kind regards from The Netherlands!!

Laura

post-153-0-72421200-1498040084.jpg

Hello Laura and a Big Welcome to UVP.

And thank you for the lovely photo of this happy dog running across the beach. :)

There is a lot of great info here to read and photographs to enjoy as you make your way through your chemotherapy journey. And we are always happy to answer questions and provide such advice as we can. We are a slow, patient little website and we try to answer questions until our readers get what they are needing. I'm hoping that photography would be a solace to you during this tough time. Photography takes us ourside ourselves in some way, don't you think so? And exploring the invisible wavelengths is real joy. I wish that for you now.

Look initially at the Filters Sticky and the Lens Sticky to learn what is available. Some links:

Sticky :: UV Photography Intro, Cams, Mods, Lights, Links

Sticky :: UV/Vis/IR Filters

Sticky :: UV-Capable Lenses

UV Lens

Filters

Best (and warm) wishes from the cold North. Venturing into the invisible world can be a solace and exciting adventure on its own.