UltravioletPhotography

EIR graves

Something tells me that Alger Conrad did not fight in the war!

Nice coloration in this image. Perhaps you could tell us the details of how you produced it, if it is not a trade secret.

I'm going to guess that the lighting was probably a nuclear fusion type source

Don't forget to shield your eyes from the gamma rays ;)

Joking aside, does infrared film still exist? I know aerochrome is not produced anymore but there are a lot of "niche" like lomography where people would happily pay for such films.

Dean Bennici still sells a limited amount of the stuff, for as long as supplies last. I have a small stash in my freezer which I bought from him. Production ceased 6-7 years ago, I think. Finding E-6/AR-5 processing for it has become quite a challenge, too; there are few places left which still have the capability. Some have cross-processed it in C-41, although even that is not as easy to find as it once was.

Producing and supporting a specialty emulsion such as this requires far more market than just a few lomography amateurs; the market (now gone) for this film was largely technical applications, and artistic use was never more than an afterthought. The same pretty much goes for b&w infrared film: although one extended-red film (Rollei/Gevaert 820) may still (barely) be in production, no fully-fledged infrared emulsions are.

I think he used a BG3 + BG40 stack with incandescent lighting :P

Just a yellow filter. Works with basically any yellow longpass filter, or even orange, depending on adjustments.

I use an orange longpass filter for the same purpose. I first tried with a cheap orange filter, but that didn't turn out well. The best way to find out if your filter works or not is to see if it can eliminate blue led projections. My PS4 controller has a blue led and looking through my filter the light it projects completely disappears, while with the cheap on it just becomes a very dark blue light

How I process is:

- swap Blue and Red channels

- Hue/Saturation in Blues and Reds to get the right tones.

http://clancode.hu/!uv/deir_garden.jpg

Reason P. Endicott would have been only 10 when the war started in 1861 and barely 15 when it ended. The Civil war happened in rougher times than our own; I have heard about child soldiers, and know such things have happened frequently in human history, but numbers such as these make one wonder what being on major battlefields at such young ages would do to a young man.
Hi Clark, the general idea I get is that this was a community grave plot that was open to people who had been in that war, and their families.