UltravioletPhotography

New Member Introduction - Infraready

Infraready

Hi. Hello to all on the forum. My name is Andy, I have a passion for all aspect of photography and enjoy furthering my interest by sharing ideas and creativity with other having a similar interest. In my spare time I run a small business in the UK, Infraready.co.uk, maybe you have heard of it? Rather than advertise what we do, I'm here to share my knowledge and gain it from others. On saying that we are happy to provide our services and knowledge to those interested without obligation. We have supplied cameras that are capable of capturing alternative wavelengths such as UV and IR to the general public, Museums, Universities amongst others. During our 5 year journey we have learnt a lot and continue to do so through forums such as this. UV has always been an area we have found a little more tricky to yield good results, so we are hoping to gain knowledge from those who have applied to join this community. As suggested, if there is anything we can help with them we would be more than happy to help.

Thanks for reading!

One of my IR images is attached!

Andy

Well, hello, Andy and welcome to UVP. I must say that ghost hunting is a novel use of UV or IR photography. I wonder if anyone has ever photographed anything ghostly? I've not run across any mysterious after all these years of shooting UV/IR, but then again, who knows what might be discovered?? I'm always open to seeing results of interesting and new photographic experiments.

[A small reminder -- as a photographer who is also a vendor-member, you are not permitted to discuss your business or advertise in subsequent posts because UVP is an independent, non-sponsored website. We have several vendor-member photographers who enjoy the website for discussion and learning.]

Andy Perrin
I have photographed MANY ghosts, but strangely they seem to love light leaks in my camera! And then I fix the light leaks and they go away. This is totally killing my chances of scooping James Randi's prize money. ;-)