UltravioletPhotography

I've been randomly grabbing things here and there to test out my new camera, and these acorns from my driveway were just begging to have their photo(s) taken.

This was my first test with a Nikon D750 - which I've had problems with so far, after trying to get it converted to full spectrum (I won't get into that here). I will say however, I very much appreciate the live view function; which enables precise focusing without having to take multiple test shots first. What a time (and shutter mechanism) saver! And the sharpness and detail I can capture now is very satisfying.

Now that I have a pretty good working equipment setup, its time to find some interesting subjects.

Try dark-colored berries in infrared. I have done several of them and found interesting translucent effects.

Chokeweed (visible light, iPhone pic for reference)

post-94-0-84518400-1474480032.jpg

Chokeweed (IR1000nm eBay filter of unknown provenance, halogen flashlight, and — I think — my old Coolpix 995)

post-94-0-85033100-1474480172.jpg

Nice work, Mark. Photograph anything and everything! It is the exploration which is the delight, yes?

I was thinking that the fluor on the acorn stems could be from plant fluids or sap which might leak as the stem separates for the acorn drop?