UltravioletPhotography

UV videos

rfcurry

Does anyone else take videos in reflected UV? I generally take videos of camouflage in the distance for my work; however, I thought I would try something simple, very UV identifiable, and close up. The following was shot with a Panasonic Lumix GF1, Steinheil Cassar S 50/2.8, f5.4, ISO 800, and StraightEdgeU filter. No PP except conversion from MTS format to mp4.

http://uvroptics.com/images/00006.mp4

Is this time-lapse, or does your camera do video? It looks good. I might have toyed with UV video on a very old cellphone, but I have little equipment with video capability myself. Time-lapse would be an interesting frontier to explore, however.

Yes, a little, a couple of summers ago I posted this...

OK, I created an account on Vimeo and uploaded my UV-video of a pair of American Goldfinches on one of my Dad's homemade bird feeders.

The WB seems OK and clearly shows rather striking false UV-yellow especially on the male. The video quality on Vimeo is less than my native file presumably due to how they compress.

My stills were from a farther distance and I never really got a good clean focus. As you can see these birds are rather active and to make matters worse the feeder was swaying too! I will post the best of my poor attempt in UV fauna later.

The Panasonic Lumix GF1 outputs MTS, which is a 1080 HD video format.

John, Nice video. I am amazed by the UV reflectivity of the goldfinch.

Thanks Reed, it really was easy. That video is straight out of the camera with no processing.

Bjørn often comments that the Panasonics do well in video.

The hard part was getting set up close enough to not scare away my prey. I had to erect a collapsible camouflage deer blind inside a gazebo adjacent to the deck. :lol: