UltravioletPhotography

Under the Sun

DonPilou

Good morning everyone!

Such a long time I've been in this forum. At the moment I'm making a series of UV portraits and I would like to share with you one shot taken during one of my shootings.

It was 11am during a sunny day, I used a reflector under the eyes.

Exifs :

Canon 6D full-spectrum + LUV-U2 filter + Nikon E 50 F/1.8

50mm, F/2.8, 400iso, 1/13s

post-112-0-96667100-1470907851.jpg

Really terrific image, DonPilou !! Thank you for posting an example from your current portrait work.

Very interesting here to see the contrast between the face and the under-forearm that typically gets much less exposure to UV.

I note with interest that you have used the Nikon 50/1.8E and achieved a speed of 1/13" @ ISO-400 wide open at f/2.8. The shallow depth-of-field works well in this portrait to draw attention to the face and eyes (especially!).

Portraiture must stand on its own regardless of UV, Vis or IR wavelength. This is an excellent example of using one of the invisible wavebands to enhance an already interesting photo. I quite like the sepia tones too.

Some interesting selective-focus work. That is really hard when you cannot focus visually, and autofocus would have been more hindrance than help for this kind of shot. Well done.
Thank you to both of you! I will realize my last shooting tomorrow morning to achieve a set of 10 models and 20 portraits. Then I will share the full set in the forum as a contact sheet.
  • 2 weeks later...
Pierre-Louis, the portfolio of UV portraits - c'est magnifique! I like the pairing of a closed-eye pose with the open-eye, eye-shaded pose. Thank you for the links to the contact sheet and to the portfolio.