UltravioletPhotography

Two From Ueno Park

OlDoinyo

On a recent trip, I had the opportunity to shoot a few pictures, two of which are shared here. Both were taken with the Sony A900 and the Baader U2 filter. Display intent is BGR.

The first frame depicts the five-tiered pagoda that sits on the grounds of the zoo. The Asahi 35mm lens was deployed at f/16 for 1.6 seconds at ISO 100.

post-66-0-02377200-1470328061.jpg

The only chromaticity apparent is the rosy tinge on the roof of the structure. Even a pinhole image (posted elsewhere) shows little more, except a bluer sky. Although I lightened the image, it is still dark; the wood finish does not reflect UV well. In fact, an infrared image (not shown here) gave far better shadow detail, despite the more specular nature of that lighting.

The second, more whimsical scene is also from the zoo grounds. The Steinheil Cassar-S was deployed at f/16 for 1.6 seconds at ISO 100.

"Himitsu wa Nigemasu:"

post-66-0-96126600-1470328560.jpg

If you glance at the lower right of the frame, you can see a secret escaping. O the wonders of invisible photography!

Andy Perrin

If you glance at the lower right of the frame, you can see a secret escaping. O the wonders of invisible photography!

Do you mean the streakiness on the lower right? What causes that?

I'm guessing a bird or butterfly? Or dragonfly?? Or could it be incense smoke?

Very cool shot, Clark. I like the tones with only the rose tint. It is a nice look for our mysterious, dark UV work.