UltravioletPhotography

Mutitemporal or Chronochromatic Waterfall

This was shot with 850nm filter (Schott RG850). Three shots, each used for one of the red, green, and blue channels.

Color = change in time/movement, or what Bjorn calls Mutitemporal and Clark calls Chronochromatic. I think these are different terms for the same thing.

This is a couple years old, ran across it.

post-87-0-73370200-1465597605.jpg

Interesting--running water seems to be a favorite topic for this sort of photography. What is the interval and display order?

Good work, Steve.

I always enjoy this genre - "Time Series". I will try some this summer with the fog rolling over the water to see if that works.

Some people don't like magenta, and this is not just a few people, but a lot of people, and I am guessing this is maybe because magenta is not really in a rainbow?

I am not sure, but magenta does tend to irritate people. So sometimes I change that color, or shift it.

PS: Have you noticed how these 'members' never post or comment on anything?! :P

Yahoo, Bingbot, Google, Yandex (Russia)

That's an interesting observation about magenta. I'm not sure I realized that it is so much disliked. I suppose I would have to say that it is not exactly a favorite colour of mine if I were made to choose. Another interesting observation is how close spectral violet and magenta can be. When the spoon test is done in the dark using an unfiltered Nichia 365nm UV-Led, some spectral violet can be seen in case anyone wants to try it. Not everyone can see the spectral violet in the spoon test because our eye's lens yellows with age and blocks violet and some blue. I can see spectral violet with my "good" eye which had the lens removed due to a cataract and replaced with an artificial lens (which does block some UV and maybe some violet. Even if you cannot see the spectral violet in the spoon test, you can photograph it.

I only recently tweaked the online listings so that the search engine bots would show up although they have always been here. I did this to keep track of them. I've had to ban the Chinese Baiduspider and the Ukrainian Ahrefs because they put too many bots onto a site at one time. (On Nikongear I spotted 42 Baiduspiders one day, so they are banned there also.) Here on UVP we have a very low traffic hosting plan currently, so too many bots can slow things down.