UltravioletPhotography

Greetings from Mississauga (Toronto) Canada!

eye4invisible

eye4invisible

Hello All!

My name is Andy Broomé and my 'day job' is an Industrial Engineer.

I've been interested in photographing in IR for just over a year now, starting out with an unmodified Nikon P520 and Polaroid IR720 filter, before moving on to a full spectrum-modified Nikon D3200.

Primarily, I am into shooting buildings, landscapes, and nature in IR and full spectrum, rather than people.

So now I've branched out into UV photography, and have a B+W 403 with stacked Schott S8612 for that purpose, although I am currently limited to using the 18-55mm kit lens or my 35mm f/1.8 prime. Being here, I hope to learn more about the science and techniques behind those wonderful UV flower images (before I take the plunge and buy a dedicated UV lens).

Thanks,

Andy

Welcome to UVP Andy, you'll get all the advice & help you need here, as well as plenty to read & look at.

Cheers

Col

Hello Andy - and welcome to UVP!! I hope you enjoy the site. We have lots of articles and posts and lists which cover all the aspects of UV photography. And we are always happy to answer questions.

You are our second 'Andy' - we also have member Andy Perrin from Massachusetts. And then there's me, Andrea, an almost 'Andy'. :D

Cheers - Andrea B.