UltravioletPhotography

I've noticed that....

Andrea B.

...UV/IR attracts dust and blobs to a digital camera sensor. Why, I don't know. Look at the mess on the left in this photo. And I just got the a7R!!! How can it be such a trashbin already?? I need a heavy-duty clone brush to clean this up.

:wacko:

It would actually be easier to clean the sensor and reshoot everything than to blot out all these blobs.

Particularly bad on leftmost tulip's left and lower left petals.

DSC00987pn.jpg

Yes, I'm just kidding about the dust attractiveness of UV/IR. But sometimes I wonder......

Well, there is no mirror and shutter curtain to keep dust away. I would rank these aspects above the importance of UV per se.

And I just got the a7R!!! How can it be such a trashbin already??

Is it possible this conversion service may have left it a bit more dirty than those you used previously?

Andy Perrin

That applies to most situations in close-up photography, whether in visible or UV light.

I'm suggesting it may be partly psychological: if you mainly take macro photos in UV and mainly take landscape or other non-closeups in visible light at larger apertures, then you could start to associate the dust with the UV photos. Correlation, not causation.

Didn't anyone see the part where I said I was joking around??

Really, truly I don't believe UV light attracts dust bunnies!!!!! :D :D :D

The sensor cover was pristine when I got it. But there is a LOT of pollen this year. I had stuff falling on my head from trees these last 3 days during my afternoon park walk. Sneezed about forty eleven times also. It is so pretty this time of year where I live. The trees leaves & catkins & buds are golden tan, bright lime green, pale orange, salmon pink, and there are lots of flowering trees.

Thankfully mirrorless sensor covers are easy to clean.

Indeed it does! I had forgotten about that however. It's been a while since I made any pinholes. "-)