UltravioletPhotography

Reminder to anyone UV-photographing flowers

Andrea B.

We are always interested in having your floral UV-signature photos added to our botanical boards. Flowers are such natural subjects for learning UV photography that we all tend to accumulate many such floral photographs.

It is not difficult to copy the formal format for such a botanical post and to find some kind of reference for your flower. And I will help anyone the first time or two with the technicalities of a formal botanical post. If you cannot identify the flower, we can help with that also.

There is lots of information in the Guidelines about formal posts. The easiest way to get started is just to copy an existing formal botanical post and tweak it in the editor to fit your flower.

Could also be a suitable reminder to those of us having botanical stuff not yet published .... Yours truly inclusive.
I have so many unpublished floral signatures that I'm not sure quite how to deal with all of them! Of course, there are many repeats, but still. I suppose if we each simply posted one-per-day we would make some forward progress.

Posting the stuff is not the stumbling block - it is the research to get identification and names correct etc.

Oh well, sooner or later I'll manage to post all my African flowers. They are at least identified and that alone counts for something.

Indeed !!!

The part I most dislike is the Comment. I never know what to say about the flower.

I am going to write a Unix shell which will crank out the boilerplate for a post. Then I can make a list of the flower names and feed it to the shell. Imagine cranking out the boilerplate for 20 flowers all in one run!!!

I will try to post around 10 per year....busy with paper writing and finally I may have some time during the summer....good to see all of you again...Zach