UltravioletPhotography

Greetings from Atlanta

scottnilsson

scottnilsson

Greetings, all -

Thank you - it is good to be here. I was an early-member of NikonGear and saw friendly and familiar names linked here: much thanks to Andrea, and particularly to Bjørn - for it was his cookie-crumbs of splendid images, and technical and artistic insights that led me to an interest in UVIR photography and images.

I am a full time, professional stage, event and portrait photographer based in Atlanta - with a emphasis in dance and movement.

For about 10-years, I have had a strong, semi-active interest in invisible light photography - both infrared and ultraviolet.

Most of my work in the extreme spectra have been in in infrared - with 'monotone' work largely architectural and landscape, and 'color' images largely of dance.

I hope to make time to expand exploration of a variety of both ultraviolet and infrared work - and at all events look forward to both the technical discussions and shared images here.

Thank you for the UVP R&G - on many counts (and may put a similar JPG quality range showcase to use in future - but good to see in any case).

Wishing everyone a wonderful spring - and return of the ultraviolet light!

- Scott Nilsson / Atlanta

post-113-0-75557400-1460465142.jpg

Welcome to the UVP community, Scott.

Whatever you bring to the table would be good. Perhaps with the exception of the concoction in your mug there ?

And yes, Spring is about to spring over in my part of the world. A few weeks ahead in the future there will be landscapes with a googleplex of dandelions and other UV-realted stuff.

Hi Scott !!!!!!!!!! Very happy to see you here.

Note that we have an IR section now and would love to see some of your IR portrait work.

scottnilsson

Thank you, all - and my near-always-at-hand quart/liter is half coffee (half-and-half high-octane and decaf - all extra dark) and half soy-milk... or as Lewis Black insists: soy juice. B) Thanks, Andrea - great to see you here, too! Look forward to posting, and love what little I've already seen. Colin - humble apologies to the truly-far-side of the puddle: hope you've enjoyed the abbondanza of UV thus far - and have a appropriately-libatious salute to the end-of-the-light, and welcoming of large pupils/apertures and extreme ISO... JC: embarrassed that - despite having lived in Atlanta for 35-years - I have yet to toss a Mudslide; that said, as I love all the ingredients, I suspect one is in my near future (but I may have to substitute Akvavit for the vodka...).

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone: big hugs across the hills and puddles -

- Scott