UltravioletPhotography

A different way of seeing

DaveO

I've been trying to come up with a way of presenting UV and UVIVFL images to a general audience which would tell the story without flicking back and forwards.

Do you think this works?

post-28-0-58150100-1454039121.jpg

Dave

enricosavazzi
Yes, nothing beats in simplicity having all three images displayed simultaneously, without flipping, scrolling or automated slide shows. If one wants to see a larger image, it is always possible to link to a pop-up larger version of one of the three images.

Love it Dave !!

In the formal botanical section, I would need you to still post the three separate images with their data. Your triptych could either lead or follow the 3 separate, larger images.

A GIF animation is also possible. Here is one with a 2 second delay showing a rose in Visible, UV and UV+B+G renditions.

I suppose it is possible that this would drive some viewers crazy. I should look for a Gif maker which has an on-off switch.

Rose.gif

Animated Gifs work better, of course, if the photos precisely match. Not always easy when using a range of filters. Here is a 9-view GIF of a maple tree showing Visible, AndreaU, BaaderU, UG5+S8612 (UV+B+G), RG9, IR-695, IR-830, BG3 (blocks about 500-700) and IR-550.

MapleTree9.gif

I love that rose, Andrea! I have to say, aside from not being able to pause it, I'm not entirely sure which picture is which (aside from the visible one, naturally). Is the one with black background the UV?
When you spot the Visible frame, the order after that is UV followed by UV+B+G (which is also known as "bee vision").

OK, here's the link to the original post for Goodenia ovata

http://www.ultravioletphotography.com/content/index.php/topic/680-goodenia-ovata-hop-goodenia/

Although I'm still in "collection mode" with my images of Aussie native wildflowers in UV I do day-dream about what I might someday do with them. This presentation mode would go well with a hard copy photobook I think as well as when projecting images to an audience.

I like the triptych but would recommend you put a white border around the three images and label them Vis, UV and UVIVF.

That way a naive viewer would be less likely to initially mistake it for three different colored flowers in a group.