UltravioletPhotography

Hello to UVP.

jknights

I am a Nikon and Fuji camera user.

I have been taking digital photos since 1998 and used only Nikon cameras then. I still use Nikon cameras but am gravitating towards a lighter camera set the Fuji X series cameras.

I shoot normal light but also InfraRed photos but my interest in UV photography go back to when I used to work in a lab doing vaccine research and used UV for fluorescence microscopy and also visualisation of DNA in agar gels.

I am now learning UV photography and hope that this forum will give me a fast start in theis area.

I have a Nikon D70S which is meant to be good for UV photography in its unconverted state.

a Nikon PB5 bellows with a Componon-S 135mm f4.5 enlarging lens, a Venus filter (awaiting delivery in the next few days) and some 320-340nm light sources.

Once I have my Venus filter I will start experimenting and my questions wil no doubt come quick and fast. Please be patient with my novice knowledge in UV photography.

Jonathan

Welcome to UVP Jonathan

You already have the basics, that is good.

What is the Venus filter you have ordered & what are the 320-340nm light sources, please ?

Cheers

Col

Hello Jonathan and welcome to UVP !!

We hope you enjoy the site and find some useful information here.

We all were beginners in UV photography at one time, so please feel free to ask any questions.

Most UV shooters also play with the IR as well, so we have an informal section for Infrared photos here too.

There are a surprising number of own, awkward errors you need to gloss over or simply forget when you later in life declare "oh, UV photography, well that is rather easy. Nothing special. Get a Baader. f/8 and be there".

What I try to convey is we all commit errors and might even need them in order to learn and climb further towards the top of the proficiency ladder. This is a constant learning process.