UltravioletPhotography

Ursinia anthemoides [Margriet]

nfoto

Rørslett, B. 2015. Ursinia anthemoides (L.)Poir. (Asteraceae). Margriet. African flowers photographed in visible and ultraviolet light. http://www.ultraviol...oides-margriet/

Ursinia anthemoides (L.)Poir.

Afrikaans: Margriet

English: Marigold

Ursinia anthemoides is a low-growing annual, one of many constituents making up the spring floral fireworks on the plains of the South African western provinces. It is but one of the high number of composite species carrying the 'Daisy' vernacular name. The colour of the radiate flower heads can change from yellow to orange, and the dorsal side of the rays is darker often in a copper-brownish hue.

This specimen was photographed off Cape Town, South Africa 11 September, 2015.

Front view of the capitulum, visible light:

URSI_ANT_G1509116662_VIS.jpg

Image reference: URSI_ANT_G1509116662_VIS

Rear view of the capitulum, visible light:

URSI_ANT_G1509116667_VIS.jpg

Image reference: URSI_ANT_G1509116667_VIS

Both visible light captures with Nikon Df, Voigtländer 125 mm f/2.5 APO-Lanthar lens, daylight.

Front view of capitulum, in UV:

URSI_ANT_I1509112827_UV.jpg

Image reference: URSI_ANT_I1509112827_UV

Rear view of capitulum, in UV:

Image reference: URSI_ANT_I1509112829_UV

URSI_ANT_I1509112829_UV.jpg

The UV photos were made by Nikon D3200, UV-Nikkor 105 mm f/4.5 lens, Baader U2" (built-in), SB-140 flash.

References:

http://www.ultraviol...-r%C3%B8rslett/

[ Published 15 October 2015]

I wonder if you would be so kind as to let me look at a raw of this interesting Ursinia? I would like to run it through RawDigger to determine the percentages of R, G and B.

When standardizing, I have been pulling this kind of blue-violet colour towards the blue (in Photo Ninja this is done on the Magenta patch with the Hue Shift slider). However, it occurs to me that I might be able to figure out a better, easier standardization if I analyze the actual recordings and make a Preset for Ninja's Color Enhancement tool.

Once my main ISP line is working again, I'll send you the file. There are several other African flowers with a similar UV appearance.

Only done "click white" on this one, no pushing of colours through the PN as such.