UltravioletPhotography

1.25” Eyepiece Filters Can Fit Some Olympus µ4/3 Bodies

JCDowdy

I ran across this browsing some old posts on another forum and thought it might be useful to Olympus µ4/3 users here.

Some of the Olympus µ4/3 bodies, E-PM2 & OM-D EM-1, apparently have a recess which coincidentally fits an unmounted 1.25” telescope eyepiece filter.

While I do not care for the idea of using double sided tape, these comments indicate several native lenses will still mount with a filter occupying this space.

* links corrected *

Good to know, thanks John.

I am wanting to do some wide angle astro photography in the near future, I'll look at this filter option on the Panasonic G3.

I guess it will mean the camera will then focus past infinity, but that shouldn't be a problem ?

Col

Looking down the throat of my G3 and it is not made the same as the Olympus. The G3, and G5, lack the recessed ledge shown on the E-PM2. I have not put the calipers on it yet but eyeballing a ruler it seems a 1.25" filter is a bit to large to fit the opening on the Panasonic and be below the base of the contact pins.

There may yet be a way to fit a low profile filter holder in to that space on the Panasonics but I think it would require something similar to the Astronomik Clip-Filter System or the Hutech Camera Body Front Filter.