UltravioletPhotography

[Filter Test] B+W 099 Dual Bandpass: Orange + Red + Infrared

Andrea B.

Is this Orange enough for ya?? :lol:

After I have looked at a set of 099 shots for a while, I begin to think they look normal.

600_8057pn_final.jpg

Here is another photo made with the 099 as it came out of my D600 with white balance Preset 3 which I use for Visible work.

600_8060.jpg

I attempted to white balance it on the one Visible white flower and got this.

600_8060pn.jpg

Here is a slight turn of the colour wheel with extra saturation. Whew !!

600_8060pn4.jpg

A Stranger In The Wind
Very nice Andrea, seeing someone use what was at one time my most used and favorite filter when I was shooting Kodak EIR. Hasn't had much use since then but I am thinking of using it on the Monochrom but maybe I should look at using it on my Full Spectrum. You have got me excited at the possibilities. Thanks for posting these. :)
  • 2 months later...
A Stranger In The Wind

Andrea your post paid off two weeks ago in my video editing course I am taking. Although it is supposed to be an editing course our instructor informed us we had to shoot a 5-10 minute video that will be the basis of our 4 editing projects. I decided that my project would be about our zoo which also has two special events taking place right now. The first in Dinosaurs alive which has animated dinosaurs and also Luminasia a Chinese Lantern festival.

I decided to film the zoo, the dinosaurs and the lantern festival.

For the dinosaurs thinking of your reminder of the 099 I decided to combine the use of my Full Spectrum, Infrared, and regular color cameras.

For the full spectrum I wanted a different look and combined the 099 with the SIngh-Ray Tony Sweet filter. A couple of students commented that they liked the use of filters in Premiere Pro. It was at that point I told them the shot was done in camera not post. The instructor liked the other Dinosaur shots that appeared in Black and White and thought I did that in post too but that was also accomplished in camera with my modified IR camera.

All these thoughts stemmed from your post reminding me of the 099. :)

Well then, I'm happy that I reminded you of the 099 !!

And what an interesting combo of 099 with that Singh-Ray. (I love their filters!! So beautifully made.)

Your video editing course sounds very intresting and fun. I know absolutely nada about video. Perhaps someday.....

It is often more rewarding and better looking to get the effect you want in-camera rather than in-editor. And it certainly saves time. These days anything that saves time is a good thing. "-)