UltravioletPhotography

Field test - Auto Tamron Adapt-A-Matic 28mm F/2.8 Model PFH-28Au

Lens data: http://www.adaptall-...s/PFH-28Au.html (first model with large front element and metal focus ring tested).

post-29-0-27263200-1432468735.jpg

Camera: full-spectrum modified NEX-6

Filter: rear-mounted Baader U-2

Illumination: sunlight

Aperture: F/5.6-F/8

ISO: 800

Custom WB

Shutter speed: 0.625 second

post-29-0-69521400-1432469079.jpg

Shutter speed: 0.4 second

post-29-0-10492700-1432469092.jpg

These look good, Alex. The UV signature of Wintercress Barbarea vulgaris is shown well. The dandelion is perhaps less obvious, but then these microspecies can be more variable in appearance than we generally like to think.

Thank you, Bjørn. If one can identify plant species from the UV-picture, I guess the lens is "good enough" :(

This lens is not "wide enough" for me, but I though it might be useful for others to know about it. It does not transmit as deep as Kyoei or Noflexar. Please note that there was a later version of the lens with much smaller front element (suggesing a different type of glass used). I had it in the past (not any longer) and tried it with Andrea-U filter and was not really satisfied, but since it was a different filter, I can not at at this moment say how different UV transmission of these two versions is.

I have few more informal shots of this (and possibly other ) Dandelion microspecies from the same area that I will post later on in a separate thread.