UltravioletPhotography

Back Soon

Andrea B.

Andrea B.

I'm in Newport, Rhode Island enjoying a couple of days of vacation time and seeing the wretched excess of America's "Gilded Age" in the form of 100000 square foot marble mansions with literal gold leaf on many of the walls and other objects. My goodness! Here is a link to the Vanderbilt mansion: The Breakers. That whole epoch in the US did not last long which is probably a good thing. :D

Newport is an interesting seaport and American colonial town. So there is much more to see than just mansions. Some great restaurants and pubs, too.

Next week I will be helping my husband through some minor surgery, so my comments may be sparse here on UVP. We don't expect the surgical event to be anything but ordinary, but I'm letting my friends here know because there are a lot of work items "in the queue" which I haven't yet gotten done for UVP. I didn't want you all to think I was ignoring them. (Visitor's Gallery updates, index updates, etc.)

Let's see some nice photographic posts from everyone while I'm busy elsewhere, OK? We have been dwelling so much recently on testing and technical matters that it would be nice to just see some shooting, too.

Cheers - Andrea B.