UltravioletPhotography

Raw Digger: Awesome Development Team

Andrea B.

Note: UltravioletPhotography.com does not endorse products as a website.

We have no affiliation with any commercial or retail vendor of software.

Recently I licensed up my trial download of Raw Digger because I have been wanting the capability to look at the raw data for UV photographs in the form of a raw composite or raw histogram. In the course of experimenting with the export of auto white-balanced, 16-bit TIFFs from Raw Digger, I was hit with some crashes on my Macbook Pro. So like a good girl, I reported it on the Raw Digger forum as a bug.

To my complete surprise, I heard back from the Raw Digger development team the same day - in fact, only a couple of hours after reporting the bug. How cool is that ?!! Alex Tutubalin wrote and asked for the Apple crash report and a sample of a raw file which caused the crash. I sent them right off. And again immediately heard from Alex asking for a few more details.

Yesterday, 5 days after the bug report, I got an update from Alex. The team had not been able to reproduce the crash I experienced, but they worked over some code in an area which could potentially induce the kernel hit seen in my crash. Again, how cool is that ?!! Alex sent me a link to the fix which I promptly downloaded and tested. Problem solved - no more crashes upon exporting TIFFs.

I am impressed by the prompt attention the Raw Digger team gave to a bug report which they could not even reproduce. The fix will of course be included in the next point release of Raw Digger.