UltravioletPhotography

Howdy forum!

nandbytes

Hello all,

My name is Anand, originally from India but I have spent half my memorable life in the UK (currently in London). I was always interested in photography and did what I could with a p&s camera mostly in auto mode (its not like I had a choice :lol: ) for a long time. When I finally had the money to buy better equipment I decided to go with a Sony A57 slightly more than year and half ago. Since then I have moved on from that A57 and currently own A77m2, A7 and recently a self-converted full spectrum nex-5n (it is what it looks like, I own expensive unjustified equipment which is more than I really need ;) ).

As for photography, I photograph a lot of things and recently got started on IR photography. I had this crazy idea of going around central London (usually crowded beyond belief) on Christmas morning and taking shots of London looking empty and hence like a ghost town (that eerie look!). Then felt this would be better conveyed using IR and hence began my journey in this area (sorry for posting pictures from the other end of the spectrum :lol: ):

post-70-0-23747700-1421780808.jpg

post-70-0-45093900-1421780844.jpg

post-70-0-69194900-1421780847.jpg

post-70-0-52309900-1421780849.jpg

Following on from there I got a bit inspired by Alex H (a member here that I know from dyxum forums) and decided to delve into UV induced fluorescence photography. I am just waiting for my UV light sources and filters to be delivered at the moment (a long wait since I am having to import everything!).

Here's my flickr profile (warning: mostly contains visible light pictures) - https://www.flickr.c...hotos/nandbytes

Welcome to our small UV corner of the cyberspace.

Your IR images are lovely. So we have high hopes for your forthcoming UV/UVIFL contributions ;).

Hello Anand & Welcome to UVP. I hope you enjoy the site. We look forward to your contributions.

My apologies for the initial email snafu. The software which runs this forum is all new to me, so it took awhile to figure things out. I'm still not sure why some of the email problems happened !!! But I think I have it sorted now.

We added an Informal IR board because we know that anyone shooting UV generally enjoys working also in the IR range from time to time. Your photograph of the big London Ferris wheel" is quite nice as seen down the allée of trees.

Thank you all for the kind welcome and comments.

@Andrea B. No worries B) Just found it a bit odd this forum didn't have the standard automatic registration. I guess its kind of a niche forum...

The lack of "standard automatic registration" on UVP is by design. We will not change that policy.

Membership will continue to be by application only.

Bjørn and I started UVP in order to have a place to post our botanical documentary work. Later we decided to open UVP up a bit and make it more of a general UV Photography reference site. Neither of us really has the time to manage the typical forum. B)
Yes I read where the idea came from and the reason behind this forum. Everything seems very technical and well presented on this site (and I guess running a niche forum helps it keep that way) :) . Though to be honest I am more interested in artistic aspect of UV photography than technical aspects. Not that I cannot understand them, but my day job is complicated enough so I don't want to another complicated topic to research into B)

Though to be honest I am more interested in artistic aspect of UV photography than technical aspects. Not that I cannot understand them, but my day job is complicated enough so I don't want to another complicated topic to research into :D

You are not the first one thinking like that ;)

Anyone can feel free to show artistic results here, be these UV or IR. After all, that is why we have opened 'informal' boards.