UltravioletPhotography

Some interesting UV LED Headlamps

rfcurry

Why not send them an e-mail?

If time permits I could give them a phone call as the distance isn't that great between us and my understanding of Swedish should be sufficient (after all it's my mother tongue although not executed for the last 60 years or so). Or, maybe our Swedish-based member Alex H. is familiar with their product range.

The piece of woods glass in front of my Blak-Rays is huge. Could probably get a couple filters out of it. I wonder if it would work in front of an LED. Of course you would have to cut the glass down.

-D

You don't need to waste a Blak-Ray filter by cutting it down, just make up a stand for it to be held in front of any lamp you want to use.

Actually the LED's are cool enough to use any of the UV photography filters in front of them. You only need the big thick Blak-Ray UV filters for high heat absorption.

Col

You would be better off with an IR photography filter, the Chinese ones are just as good as Hoya etc.

I don't know how receptive the D70 is to IR.

Col

enricosavazzi
An unmodified D70 is not very sensitive to NIR. I seem to remember I had to use an exposure time of a second to a few seconds in full sunlight, with 720 nm high-pass filter on the lens.
enricosavazzi

Yes, images were fine (except for windswept branches). There was a lot of pink/red false color, which is to be expected anyway with this type of filter. After converting the camera to multispectral and using IR-pass filters with longer cutoff wavelengths, images become more monochromatic with less false color.

Edit: I have two examples shot with an unconverted D70s on my web site, albeit with 820 nm filters:

http://savazzi.net/photography/ir.htm