UltravioletPhotography

Image mouseovers/rollovers?

cmoody

Just something that I was thinking might be useful, if it's possible to implement...image mouse-overs. The kind where you have an image in a page or post, and when the mouse cursor hovers over the image, it is replaced by another one?

An example would be some of the images on this review website use roll-overs:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-DSLR-Camera-Review.aspx

Just a thought. I figured it would lend itself to twin images taken using visible and UV or IR techniques.

Unfortunately (or perhaps, the opposite) we have to rely on the pre-canned forum software as far as media presentation goes. Maybe Andrea, being the code expert, could look at this problem whist she is confined to her current high-altitude eyrie ?

It is indeed a great idea. I'll look on the Invision boards to see if there is any App I can add which might accomplish that.

Alternately, you can maybe try creating a Gif which flips between images.

I don't have a App for that, so I don't know if the flip rate can be controlled.

I would like to have a Gif App, so if anyone has any reccies for that, please post here and let me know.

I used to do some basic animated gifs using paint shop pro and then photoshop. Obviously the latter isn't cheap, but I think there are a number of free "gif animators" on the internet, which should hopefully be as straight forward as putting x images in, setting "infinite loop" and time between frames? the only issue with GIFs I find is the compression isn't too good for detailed images ;)

That's true about the compression. Still, I suppose you could post the separate images in nice format to show detail. Then the Gif Flip to illustrate the amazing change between Vis and UV or Vis, IR and UV.

I have made a note to investigate Rollovers. They are certainly used in many places. So the routines are easily available should there be a possibility that I could add a Rollover as a "type" to our software.